Super Seer S1613FG Correctional Helmet
- MEETS OR EXCEEDS NIJ-STD-0104.02
- SHELL: FIBERGLASS shell with multiple layer impact absorbing materials to resist the penetration of sharp objects and distribute the force of an impact. Shell incorporates an integral molded visor and side attachment and thumb screws for attaching Riot Control Faceshield. Three shell sizes, small/medium, large extra large allowing for head sizes from 6 5/8 through 8 3/8. Shell edge protected with tough molded metal core scuff-proof edging. Dull matte finish.
- LINER: Semi-resilient energy absorbing polyurethane foam material throughout inside of helmet.
- INNER SHELL: Full inner shell of ABS molded plastic to seal off the liner and to protect the liner from solvents, hair oils and body perspiration. The .030” thick ABS inner shell shall be cleanable with mild soap solution.
- SUSPENSION: Perforated replaceable Cushion Pad sizing system allows for size adjustment and maximum air flow ventilation and increased cooling. The Cushion Pads furnished with each helmet shall be in ¼” 3/8” thickness to allow for proper sizing. Easily removed for replacement, adjustment or cleaning. The FG Model incorporates large Stabilizing Pads as the sizing system.
- RETENTION: Chin strap permanently riveted to the shell. 3/4” black tubular nylon webbing covered with perspiration resistant naugahyde harness. A Echo Quick Release Buckle or Snap Fastening system allows for rapid deployment and removal of the helmet. The FG Model incorporates a rear Nape Strap for extra stability.
- RIOT FACESHIELD: Maximum coverage and protection, injection molded high-impact polycarbonate faceshield. Optical grade .100 inches thick. Easily adapts to Gas Mask usage. The faceshield allows full 90° rotation with a cam-action pivot, incorporating full up to full down with a positive lock in either position. Faceshield is held firmly in place and replaceable by means of metal aluminum band, spring steel clip and thumb screws. The faceshield incorporates a neoprene seal to provide a liquid seal between the faceshield and the helmet.
The edges of the Faceshield shall be a smooth rounded edge. The FG Model has the addition of a heavy #9 wire faceguard affixed to the exterior of the faceshield for forced cell entry duty and optional tie-downs to secure in the down position. Faceshields are replaceable in the field and meet or exceed the requirements of Z87.1, VESC-8 and NIJ 0104.02. Replacement Faceshield Part Nos S-5026 Faceshield Only S-5027 Faceshield Face Guard Assembly.
About Super SEER Corporation:
Super Seer manufacturers top quality helmets for law enforcement and corrections officers, including mounted police and motorcycle police helmets and faceshields, correctional helmets, riot and tactical helmets, and recreational touring helmets for motorcyclists. Seer helmets are also worn by particpants in extreme sports including rodeo riders, snowboarders, and others. Super Seer helmets are made in the US by hand with pride.