Norix Duravision Full Dome Mirror
DuraVision polycarbonate mirrors from Norix are designed specifically for the challenging conditions found in correctional and mental health facilities. The strength of polycarbonate combined with a solid, full foam backing and a unique steel frame design ensures these mirrors exceed the breakability and tamper resistance of any other product on the market.
Most convex mirrors you see in commercial establishments and at intersections are made from acrylic. When tested to withstand impact, they will be the first to break into knife-like shards. Duravision polycarbonate mirrors, with pure reflective coatings, are premium 3mm grade with a tensile strength of 9,400 psi. To further enhance the strength, the cavity behind the mirror is filled with high-density water blown urethane foam to limit the compression distance, thus eliminating the possibility of breakage from a severe blow. To make sure they stay in place, the DuraVision mirror perimeter is fully enclosed in a heavy duty powder coated steel frame that sits flush with the wall and ceiling and features countersunk screw holes to receive tamper-resistant fasteners.
- Detention quality polycarbonate convex mirror with welded steel frame and rigid foam backing.
- Engineered and proven suitable for continuous daily use in an institutional environment.
- Mirror: 1/8" polycarbonate with a pure silver reflective coating on inside surface. Fully enclosed foam insert fills cavity to reduce flexing and enhance strength. 180° view. Color: Silver.
- Frame: 3/16" x 1" steel has recessed holes for fastening to any solid flat surface. Powder coated to provide durable smooth finish. Color: Cream.
- Available in 2 sizes:
- MFD18 - 18" diameter, 6.2 lbs
- MFD24 - 24" diameter, 9.8 lbs
- Mounting hardware not included
About Norix Furniture:
Norix Group specializes in providing high quality, intensive-use institutional furniture designed specifically for behavioral health care facilities, hospitals, jails, prisons, detention centers, and other challenging markets. Norix humanizes behavioral and correctional facilities, while building extreme durability and security into each piece of institutional furniture so it stands up to correctional grade use. Norix furniture is as tough as your prison or detention grade environment, yet safe for trustees and staff. Anchortex supplies the complete line of Norix furniture for patient rooms, classrooms, inmate cells, day rooms, lobbies, intake areas, chapels, dining halls, outdoor/recreation, contact visitation and video-visitation areas, as well as public safety furniture for police and fire stations that looks good and stands up to hard use. Norix meets or exceeds testing requirements for intensive-use institutional and detention grade furniture, and the everyday test of use at healthcare and detention institutions by people who don't necessarily have the best interests of the institutional furniture in mind.
Non Returnable This item is non-cancellable and non-returnable.