MTJ American Waterproof Shelter Mattress
The MTJ American Waterproof Shelter Mattress is our safest and most durable mattress solution for your shelter or facility. The cover is designed with a tough but pliable vinyl fabric that is waterproof, puncture-resistant, and rip-proof. If the cover is punctured, the fabric cannot be ripped apart by hand which prevents the material from being shredded and used to cause harm to themselves or others. Our patented breathable vent ensures that bedbugs, lice, bodily fluids, and other liquids won't penetrate the inner-core while allowing the mattress to have airflow. The 12 oz dense polyester fiber core allows for ample firmness as well as adequate suppleness to provide support for a broad range of people. The easy to clean vinyl cover features our strongest radio frequency bonded seams which makes it tamper-resistant and prevents contamination of the core from bodily fluids and waste. The total weight is less than 20 lbs which makes it easy to move the mattress to where it is needed and it is easy to store. If you have a crowded facility, the mattress can lay directly on the floor if you need flexible sleeping arrangements. These features combine to make The Waterproof Shelter Mattress our most durable option for use in your shelter or temporary housing facility.
- Safety - The puncture-resistant and rip-proof cover increase safety for your employees and shelter residents
- Sanitary - The cover resists liquid, body waste, medications, bed bugs, head lice, and it is treated with a fungistatic agent to protect from fungal growth
- Comfort - The 5” polyester fiber core is compressed to 4.5” for added comfort and support
- Durable - Seam strength is tested to withstand up to 60 lbs per inch of pressure and comes with a 3-year warranty
- Cost Savings - Reduce the cost of treating infections - Our covers are easy to clean and help prevent the transfer of infectious illnesses
- Recyclable - No hazardous chemicals or additional ingredients are added during the processing of this product. It is 100% recyclable "green"
- Optional Integrated Full-Size Pillow - Provides additional comfort without having to deal with the maintenance and replacement of detached pillows
- Thickness - 5” compressed to 4.5” standard
- Standards - Meets and exceeds the requirements of California Technical Bulletin 129, California Technical Bulletin 603, 16 CFR Part 1632 & 1633
- Flammability - Passed TB 129
- Density - Higher density foam provides additional support and improves the longevity of the core.
- Material - Our most durable Vinyl that is easy to clean and highly resistant to foreign contaminants.
- Patented Breathable Vent - Sealed on the inside of the cover, resists water, oil, urine, blood, head lice, and bed bugs
- Water Resistant - Resists liquid, body waste, and hospital medications
- Bonded Seams - Seam Strength - In excess of 60 lbs/in - 3-year warranty on the bonding of seams
- Construction - Made using 1 single piece of vinyl and bonded using radiofrequency techniques
- Cleaning - Wipes clean with soap and water, or properly diluted disinfectant (final rinse with water to remove all residues) - do not launder
- Flammability - Exceeds requirements of Fed Std. 191, NFPA 701, CAL 117 and 16 CFR 1632
- Fungistatic Resistant Properties - This mattress cover has been treated with a fungistatic agent to protect the product from fungal growth. The agent guards the mattress fabric against degradation from micro-organisms and/or bacteria. Passes: AATCC Method 30-1988, AATCC Method 147-1998, AATCC Method 100-1999
- Allergen Info - Skin irritation test Draize dermal result, non-allergenic
- Type: Flat -or- Internal Bump Pillow
- Sizes: 25"x75"x4.5", 27"x75"x4.5", 30"x75"x4.5"
- MRC - Mattress Recycling Council recycling fee applies by law to all mattresses shipped to CA, CT, OR, and RI.
- Made in US
- Ships fast - usually in stock
About MTJ American
MTJ American makes quality specialty mattresses that last for behavioral health care facilities, colleges, military housing, dormitories, correctional institutions, detention centers, homeless shelters, transitional housing facilities, and camps. All made in the US. MTJ American emergency shelter and homeless shelter mattresses are easy to clean, durable, and practical. The RF welded seams paired with the waterproof vinyl prevents water, medicine, bed bugs, and bodily fluids from entering the core of the mattress, creating mattresses that are lightweight, easy to clean, and portable so that you can easily adjust to the ever-changing demands of your shelter or transitional housing facility.
Limited Sale Item For direct sale to institutions.
Non Returnable This item is non-cancellable and non-returnable.